Thursday, December 31, 2009

Update 9/08/08

I'm eagerly awaiting an ultrasound this Tuesday, and have no idea what, if any information will go with me after it's done. Other than that I'm big. The baby must be big because I'm not big all over this time, yet. I weigh just as much as I did while pregnant with Thomas, but I have less "junk in my trunk," so to speak & I started out skinnier. Thank you, Chad, for the big baby contribution your genetics offered up. I'm carefully ignoring my mother's recollection that her father weighed something like 13lbs when he was born to my 80lb great-grandmother. La la la, la la la I can't hear you...

In other news while trying to distract myself enough to settle down and just sit, I flew through David Sedaris's latest book, made some baby gifts for the recent baby boom happening around me, made an archival baby book for my little girl, and started a scrapbook for Thomas to hold all of the leftover postcards & tickets I saved from our time living there. The excitement it never ends.

This morning, when I turned on the radio in my car Axl Rose was there whining "Patience," to me again. The DJ even let it play out the sigh at the end (of course I listened to the end, I know the words) & I couldn't help twinging and wishing Axl would have held back a little on the theatrics, what with the kilt and all. Even Thomas felt a little emotional listening to it & asked for his daddy or oh crap, maybe he was just wishing I had a better stereo system & some decent taste in music like his daddy...Way to go mom. Real cool.

In other Thomas news, tonight he told us that milk is yummy and good because it has calcium in it. Only calcium came out sounding like "Cow's Yum." He also want's his baby sister to come out "TODAY, RIGHT NOW," and to buy baby gifts for his little baby sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment