Thursday, December 31, 2009

Trick or Treat 11/06/08

Today we watched a video of 2 year old Thomas from last summer. Thomas started to act like a baby in my lap as we watched. Know why? Because he was a squishy baby boy last summer who spoke and acted like a squishy baby boy. One thing about watching videos of Thomas is that I can see his desire and attempts to do things he hasn't mastered at the time of recording. I can see him learning. I can also see us parents not recognizing this too frazzled, trying to handle behavior he's testing out on us, & learning ourselves, akwardly. Thomas's vocabulary exploded while we were in the Czech Republic, surrounded by Czech people speaking Czech. Hmmm, I think he may have been bored by my conversation & just decided he needed to spice things up a bit. Whatever the reason, he now has a very impressive and clear vocabulary. He catches people off guard in public quite often with his brilliance, which is like the total Girl Scout badge of mothering right? Lately he's given up on his cutest sniglets and moved on to the correct pronunciations of things, sniff.

Thomas loves M & M's. Not the peanut ones I secretly coveted, okay not so secretly coveted, in his trick or treat bounty, but hey I'm really pregnant and walked a lot of miles so he could procure the treats...so I get to let him know which ones I really like right? He's such a sweetie about sharing, even this makes me feel guilty, so I can't even imagine stealing any of his loot. I think he might have 2 "yes parents."

My big point in posting is that he calls M & M's Num n Nums, as in,

"Would you like to try the M&M's?"
"Num n Nums, Mommy, I want some Num N Nums."

There is no way on earth I will correct him.

I'm off to check on my squishy baby boy while he sleeps, because when the sun rises the articulate & eager little boy will be in my face demanding,

"Mommy, get up, I want to watch cartoons right now. It's morning time, Mommy. We need O-cereal with yogurt and fruit not mixed in, just on top...I have to potty now, Mommy, and you need to turn on the light, but I don't need to wash hands yet because they aren't dirty...Where are we going today, Mommy? You have to open your eyes, Mommy."

No comments:

Post a Comment