Thursday, December 31, 2009

Garden State 8-28-08

Sorry for MIA posts. I had a wonderful time teaching my last workshops in clay and sculpture. Have to say I'm wildly disappointed in myself for not remembering to take pictures of everything that made it out of the kiln on time in our last class. My students rocked & their work was phenomenal. Speaking of rocking, the hour commute gave me a chance to catch up with my Jersey radio stations, and local Wawa stores. I'm amazed at how much I missed hearing a daily dose of Guns n Roses or Rage Against the Machine . I passed on Bon Jovi and Aerosmith, however. Knowing they were available to me on multiple stations throughout the day was enough. I'm more amazed at the fact that I will admit to missing GnR, or that I remembered the words to both Patience and Welcome to the Jungle. Ha, funny what the mind holds onto. The conscientious driver in me has also remained true to local road rules and my middle finger is now quite limber and ready for use as I flick my turn signal as I turn rather than before. Oh, and fyi don't slow down to turn either, or you will get run off of the road. NJ invented road rage.

I must continue on things that rock, because while I was teaching, Thomas got to create some beautiful memories with his Grandma & Grandpa Rizzo. Quite a bit of our summer has revolved around the gorgeous garden my dad planted filled with cucumber, squash, beets, green beans, eggplant, peas, and of course Jersey tomatoes. We are so fat and happy helping him harvest the lovely garden and picking his blackberries I want to commit to growing at least one edible thing wherever I live for the rest of my life.

The pregnant belly is doing really well. Baby girl is in there growing and kicking like the Olympic soccer/football player she must be aspiring to be. I'm also out of breath and even Tums seem to give me indigestion if not taken with a gallon of water. So I think things are going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment