Thursday, December 31, 2009

11/13/08

A lot of people say that about their children, 3 or 4 and knowing it all, etc. but tonight I have to use that tired saying about Thomas, 3 going on 13 again. We made chocolate chip cookies today, with extra strength dark bittersweet chocolate chips, thank you Grandma Nancy for letting us raid the back of the kitchen cabinet...The residual buzz had Thomas on a roll, a very energetic, and somewhat obnoxious roll. Maybe I was buzzed too, and ignoring him while rambling to my mom, who knows. Anyway,

"Thomas, please don't kick that just because you want attention, it will break. Pick it up off of the floor and put it where it belongs while I finish talking, you've interrupted."

Picks object up, "Excuse me, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, EXCUSE MEEEEEEEEEEE," and brings object into kitchen.

I try to conclude the rambling I've subjected my mother to.

"Mommy, mommy, mommmy..."

"Thomas!" I say exasperated.

"But Mommy, I AM pattentioning! I'm pattentioning already."

No comments:

Post a Comment