Thursday, December 31, 2009

Deep Thoughts 8-03-08

So I was thinking, in the shower today. I have brilliant thoughts in there when a little person isn't grabbing the shower curtain and yelling, "Mommy, you are not taking a shower!" or throwing the door open as soon as I disrobe. This is his way of voicing his displeasure at my secretive exit to bathe now and then while he watches a morning cartoon. My once sacred ritual of bathing every day was endangered with his birth, has declined, and now looking ahead to the birth of #2, I might have to invest in some perfume or spend a lot of time in the kiddie pool. Ahem. Anyway on to the brilliant thought(s) I had. My shampoo is for "Hydrating curls," and is meant to tame frizz, a ridiculous claim that is making hair product companies tons of $ off of the Italian population of woman in NJ alone. Their profits peak in the summer. While I was contemplating how good the shampoo smells and how awful the frizz could be if I used another shampoo, I noticed that underneath hydrating curls is a translation, something rizzos... Well, I've heard this before. My last name means curls or frizzy, so the little boys on the playground, and bigger boys in middle school who called me Frizzo should get some credit, since none of them spoke a second language. Burping the alphabet didn't count. I really should have given them more points for their brilliance, although I won't award them any points for creativity. Part of me regrets hoping that they are now shoveling manure in a factory that only allows employees to dress in short shorts and flip flops. I also wish that their boss would make them pay for gloves out of pocket and that the IRS would by some fluke of fairness refuse to allow them to deduct the regular glove and penecillin expenditures from their taxes. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go do something generous to work off the bad karma I just created. However, I had a lovely shower this morning, totally uninterrupted & even got to dress with the door closed, alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment