Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sniglets: Part Four 7-18-08

What do you say when someone covers your ears with freshly folded matching hand towels? "These are my phone-muffs!"
And when someone tries to remove them from your ears and hang them on the towel rack in the appropriate fashion...
"I need those phone-muffs for my ears! Those are my phone-muffs."

You might wonder why someone would cover her child's ears in freshly folded hand towels. I don't have a reason that really makes sense, which is probably the beauty of the whole deal. I was trying not to trip over my little helper on the way down the hall from the linen closet to the bathroom with an empty towel rack. Somehow placing the perfectly folded towels over his ears and giggling helped us move down the hall quick enough for me to take normal size steps. Go ahead, you try living with a three year old, and prevent yourself from saying "HURRY UP ALREADY!" frome time to time. I have to come up with creative diversions that prevent me from stifling this urge in myself and encouraging the beauty of Thomas's slow and meticulous observation. Then two loooooooong seconds later, I can be caught saying, "Wait, slow down, no we can't wipe your butt in the living room, get back in this bathroom, RIGHT NOW."

No comments:

Post a Comment