Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sweet Pea

I'm not one for nicknames or cute syrupy shows of affection, but Sweet Pea is one of those nicknames that I find quite endearing. It wasn't something my parents ever called me, but whenever I've come across a special mentor or guide in my life they've used this term of endearment for me. No one else. Somehow this small thing makes me feel faith in the turns life takes, and hope that there will always be love in humanity. We are back in the states, returned to the nest of love and support (a big nest since our family extends to both coasts, north, south, and inbetween). Chad is back in Seattle for a bit working with his mentors and our old friends, and I'm in Jersey with family and friends while we prepare to move to Texas at the end of the summer. Even though we aren't able to see all of our family this summer, it's a relief to know we are in similar time zones & can pick up the phone almost any time we want. Chad will begin as head of a 3d art dept. in August teaching, glass, clay and sculpture this fall. It's very exciting to know we'll be settling in the states for quite a while. In other news I'm carrying a girl! Oh my heavans the purple and pink frilly dreams I can now give in to. Maybe not. She's got Thomas's favorites in storage to grow into & I'm looking into contemporary feminist groups on her behalf. Anyway I'm doing okay with the pregnancy, but not quite sailing through the way I did last time. I have to see doctors this time & it is hard. I don't trust the medical system & loved the calming energy of my midwives. This time the calm will be up to me to provide. Luckily my family is here to help, feed us amazing food, and give me rest. I'm totally spoiled. The baby is big & healthy and last week Thomas and I harvested grandpa's pea patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment